||Know students and how they learn
- Extensive strategies, theories and understanding from Grad Dip Ed.
- Experience working with bible college students and other church groups
- Experience through Grad Dip Ed Practicums
|Know the content and how to teach it
- Deep knowledge in ICT from extensive industry experience.
- A life long interest in history
- Experience through practicums, lecturing and staff development in teaching and mentoring.
||Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Extensive planning for teaching and learning in practicums including:
- Development of the Wesnoth Unit.
- Development of the Dynamic Web unit.
|Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Most comfortable in a mentor supportive role
- Lots of experience in supportive teaching and mentoring in the church
- I ensure that a student's behaviour doesn't impact on other learners
|Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- Created assessment for Wesnoth Games unit including rubric
- Created assessment for web development unit including rubric
- Marked tests and other assignments
Engage in professional learning
- Birrigai Emergency Lockdown Procedures
- Birrigai Emergency Asthma first aid
- Birrigai Mandatory Reporting
- Using Web 2.0 in Teaching
- Tactical Teaching: Literacy
|Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- Worked with teachers in St Edmunds enabling them to teach the content of the Wesnoth unit
- Worked with teachers in St Edmunds enabling them to teach the content of the PHP course
- Undertook extensive work with the church including years of voluntary teaching in a bible college
- Developed Chronicles in Parallel and released under a Creative Commons license
- Consistently shared material and resources