- 1kg Beef Steak
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup of red wine
- Beef stock powder equivalent of 2 cups of stock
- 2 onions chinese cut
- Corn flour and water to thicken.
- 4 sheets of frozen pastry
- 1 egg
- Dice the beef and add with the garlic, red wine, stock powder and onions, to a crockpot/slow cooker bowl. Stir thoroughly and allow to marinade over night in the fridge. Stir occasionally to ensure the meat doesn't dry out and is fully marinaded.
- Cook in the crockpot/slow cooker until the meat is tender and falling apart. Be sure to stir periodically so that the meat doesn't dry out. The time varies between crockpot/slow cookers - 1/2 to 1 day. Keep an eye on the mixture, you may need to add water during cooking.
- Thicken the meat stew with cornflour and water. Be sure not to over thicken.
- Use cooking spray on two pie dishes. Arrange two sheets of pastry in the pie dishes and trim. Add the meat mixture evenly to the pies.
- Top each pie with the other sheet of pastry and trim. Press a fork into the edge of each pie all around the rim to seal the pie.
- Whip egg and brush over the pie tops. Pierce the pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in a moderate oven ~180C for 45 minutes until golden brown. Serve